Friday 20 May 2011

My river Nile


Here is a tweaky hi, from the tropical rainforest that is currently my new home. It rains here almost round the clock, my skin has hardly seen sunlight, and I have almost become a hibernating lab mouse. And thus while I am still on the throes of confusion and confabulation, I have been urged by a friend to break out of the cocoon that I have weaved for myself and let the bottled thoughts flow like the river Nile.

It has been years since I heard the sounds of life, the heavy raindrops, the morning call of the birds, even the irritating buzz of the mosquitoes that sing to me in my sleep. Six to be precise, six years since I abandoned my human coat, six years since I jumped into that isolated space ship, cutting edge technology they said, “this is what everyone envisions for themselves”, they told me, trusting the world, I left, left everything that I ever was, left everyone I ever knew, lured by the happening life.

The honey moon period ended sooner than I blinked my eyes, life became twisted, knotted, knarled, warped till it started choking, suffocating me. Ah,and “agappe” for which I bartered my life for, sucked the best out of me, left me groping in the dark.
And thus doomed to destruction, and pushed into this isolation, I landed up here lonely and soulless, drifting in this emotional wilderness. The tree of my life, shriveled, the roots parched almost dead, one half of it wishing for that solitary drop of water the other hoping that it would be eaten up or plucked out. The confusion in my mind merging into delirium, eyes closing, passing out, death awaiting, and like a wounded deer, lost in the jungle, too hurt to run away from the cheetah, bleeding, just wishing that the light would just black out… but somehow, instead of the lions a Samaritan came, nursing my wounds, telling me the demons were in my mind.

However, I fail to believe that, there are some foes that I have to defeat, some battles out there that I have to fight, and thus reviving myself, slowly like the phoenix. The hurt and the tears all in the cauldron that is the crucible of my resurrection, adorning the armour that I hope is strong enough, wanting to be the fire spitting dragon again. Here I am once more, charting out a course to challenge life itself, hoping that my river Nile , will quench my parched mind.

(note:this one is quiet old, almost a year back )

No comments:

Post a Comment