Thursday 19 May 2011

of love ,music and long distance relationships!

I should say that I am an incredibly lucky woman. at twenty three I have found the guy of my dreams. .I  have know him for a decade, first as a senior, then a friend and then now finally  a soul mate.Having had my personal share of relationship drama I know that this is not a flitting and fleeting idea..However, there is a seeming glitch in this . Due to our respective jobs we are separated by a thousand kilometer divide .And thus its a sync between our mobile networks, gmail and twitter that we emote on an every day basis.

If you are pessimistic you would think the relationship would not last, if u are a realist you would say that it isn't soul full enough. But the operative word my friend is that we have another old world tool which most of you deem obsolete , which helps us tide over this distance barrier, and that is good old music.

One night for some reason , my better half couldn't sleep well.He called me three times that night .All three times I woke up , groggily reassured him.Told him how much I loved him. The last time he called i was too deep in my mid summer nights dream, that I  could not even speak, so in my drunken stagger I sang to him, Celine Dions "my heart will go on", and then he slept like a baby right next to me, the thousand kilometers ment nothing.

The next morning he tweeted : just woke up, slept beside an angel.

Today morning  we listened to "when i look at you" by Miley Cyrus  together.He reached his workplace and tweeted:"listening to love songs before work just makes your day"

Music is rightly called the speech of angels. Powerful music just surpasses everything.It lifts your soul, bridges distances and differences. It has the power to heal , to make u feel warm and alive.

I know this sounds like pure marsh mellow mush, but somehow i feel that many years down the lane, i am  going to read this , and its going to put a smile on my face, cos  i will remember that it was only a weird concoction of love and music and twitter that helped us tide through this time!



4 comments:

  1. The fact of the matter is that... very few ppl realize the affect 'Old School" love can create in a relationship!

    Very well written and it portrays how deep urs and ur better half's lives have been deeply tangled and refreshingly mangled in the realms of LOVE!

    Go doc go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reassured me that distance does not really matter..only love does!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh! *touched*!! But I am jealous knowing you are happy even after separated by 1000 odd kms :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. So how many kilometres for you Sreejith? :D

    ReplyDelete